On Friday, the last day of school, our school traveled to Malibu to visit the Getty Villa. It is our first (and probably only) field trip of the year. We took a bus there and back and although it was boring , had a funny trip. Once we were there it was beautiful! There were three gardens. (One was for private reflecting- wouldn't that be nice now a days?) There were many beautiful galleries, most of which had beautiful mosaic floors. There was even one room where everything in it was made of marble- wow! The guides said this was a replica of a real Roman house called 'Villa dei Papiri' If that was my house, I'd need a map getting to my room! One of the things I liked the most is a beautiful statue of a woman. It was marble. As I was staring at it, I thought about how much work it would take just to carve out one strand of hair. We also saw a Greek mummy. (It smelled disgusting in that room!) I personally would like to go again some day and recommend it to anyone who appreciates Ancient Art.
This is my blog. A place to journal and record memories. A place to keep in touch with friends.
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment